Friday, January 3, 2014

New York City

Andy took me on a DREAM vacation to New York City just before Christmas.  Seeing the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree has been on my bucket list for years!  Our frequent flyer miles and a free hotel stay we earned from another program helped make my Christmas dreams come true.  It was an AMAZING trip!
 
We stayed at Times Square
 
 
We saw the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree every night we were there!
 
 
 
We visited the Statue of Liberty in the middle of a snow storm
 
 
Andy made friends with the squirrels

 
We dropped by the Empire State Building
 
 
The Lobby does not look like it does in the movie Elf (just in case anybody other than me was wondering that)
 
We saw lots of pretty sites!
 
 
 
 
 
We ate at the Cake Boss Cafe.  YUM!!
 
 
 
We got Chocolate Covered Strawberries!  My favorite!!
 
 
We ate New York Style Pizza.  I won't tell you who, but one of us ate 6 pieces of this pizza (hint, hint, it wasn't this girl).
 
 
We made Andy's trip by stopping by this HUMONGOUS Apple Store!

 
We took quite a few trips to the Lego Store.  Let me just say that Nathan really has it made now with all his new lego pieces.  I put my expert packing skills to practice in the lego store.  They give you a cup and for a set price you can fill that lego cup up as full as you can get it.  I think lego might just loose money if they had too many people like me come through and take them up on that deal. 

 
The best part about the whole trip was spending a few days all alone with my favorite guy in the whole wide world.  I truly enjoy his company and it was fun to hang out with him without the kiddos around.  I'm so thankful God brought this man into my life!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving us a message! We look forward to reading your note & putting it out on our Homeplace!